2010 Bike to Work Day
Posted June 23, 2010on:
Today is the 34th Bike to Work Day in Boulder Colorado and people across the state turned in their automobiles in favor of two-wheel transportation. More than 35,000 Coloradoans are expected to participate this year, thousands in our hometown of Boulder, Colorado.
Crocs biking duo, Footwear Designer, Arthi Pugazhenthi and Market Research Manager, Caroline Rydberg teamed up to pedal the ten miles to our corporate headquarters in rural Boulder County for the third year in a row.
And were joined by Senior Footwear Designer, Cheng Kue who opted to ride the 30+ miles from Denver on his gas saving motorbike.
There are lots of great reasons to bike to work any day of the week:
- It’s a great way to fit exercise into your day;
- Fewer cars on the road means less congestion on roads and pollution in the air;
- Cycling energizes you to start your day and de-stresses you afterward so you arrive at work and home feeling refreshed;
- You save a lot of money on gas and maintenance for your car; and
- You might surprise yourself by loving it.
So get out there and enjoy a summer day on two wheels!